Browse this recap of happenings with Somach Simmons & Dunn attorneys throughout the last quarter of 2022.
#SomachSpeaks － Events & Activities in Q4 2022
- December 5, Denver, CO: Catch up with Kristin Moseley in person as she presents “What’s New in Colorado Water Law,” during the CLE International 16th Annual Colorado Water Law Conference
- November 30, Indian Wells, CA: We’ll see you at the ACWA Fall Conference! Alyson Ackerman and colleagues will host a program on “Key Appellate Court Decisions in 2021-2022 and What They Mean for Your Agency.”
- November 17, Sacramento, CA: Andy Hitchings teams up with the SLSA to present “California Water Rights 101: and Where Does My Water Come From?” This dinner program qualifies for one hour toward MCLE and CCLS continuing education credit.
- November 11-13, Sacramento CA: SSD legal secretaries Crystal Rivera and Corene Rodder are conference co-chairs for the Second Quarterly Conference of the Legal Professionals, Incorporated. The event is presented by the Sacramento Legal Secretaries Association and the Placer County Legal Professionals Association. SSD is pleased to sponsor the conference and thanks our legal secretarial team for advancing the profession.
- November 4-5, San Diego, CA: We’re attending the FNREL Water Law Institute. Ramsey Kropf serves on the Planning Committee and is a FNREL Trustee-at-Large. Paul Simmons is a panelist for the session titled “Klamath Basin Water – Key Issues and Lessons Learned.”
#ICYMI － In Case You Missed It
- SSD is ranked among the “Best Law Firms” in Water Law
- We recently welcomed associates Kelly Doyle and Kendra Hartmann to our Sacramento office!
- Sarah Klahn has been named the Boulder, Colorado “Lawyer of the Year” in Water Law, by The Best Lawyers in America 2023 edition.
- SSD attorneys were recognized in the 2022 edition of Northern California Super Lawyers and Northern California Rising Stars. Check it out here.
- We’re pleased to support the ongoing work of the Sacramento Legal Employers Diversity Collective.
- WE’RE HIRING! Visit the CAREERS page to learn more.
- STAY CONNECTED and SUBSCRIBE. SSD publishes Policy Alerts on case decisions, legal trends, and key developments within the fields of water, natural resources, environmental, public land, public agency, toxics, and hazardous waste, and land development law. We typically post twice monthly and whenever we can add value to timely events in our communities.
Published October 17, 2022; updated November 17, 2022
Read more news and alerts »