We invite you to catch up with Somach attorneys and clients through this snapshot of our press releases, alerts, events and media coverage.
Events & Activities
- October 3 – Sisters, OR: Paul Simmons presents “A New Biological Opinion & What It Means for the Klamath Basin,” at the Oregon Water Resources Congress 2019 Water Law Seminar.
- October 7-9 – Monterey, CA: Panelist Tess Dunham joins fellow stormwater quality professionals for a “Legal Update” at the 15th CASQA Annual Conference.
- October 21 – Chicago, IL: Litigation Support Manager and Senior Litigation Paralegal Christina Garro is a speaker at a RelativityFest 2019 session titled “The Good, Bad, and Ugly Behind Leap-Frogging Your Firm’s e-Discovery Practice into the 21st Century.”
- November 13-15 – Napa, CA: We’re pleased to sponsor the 2019 Association of Women in Water, Energy, and Environment Conference. The theme is “Resilience, Adaptation & Innovation: Leading in a Changing Climate.”
- November 14 – Portland, OR: Paul Simmons is a panelist for “Takings of Water and Water Rights,” at the 28th Annual Oregon Water Law Conference. The speakers will cover Klamath takings appeal involving 2001 water shut-off and new 2019 Klamath takings complaints.
- November 20-21 – Denver, CO: Leila Behnampour (moderator) and Aaron Ferguson (panelist) will team up for “Sustainable Groundwater Pumping: Long-term Agricultural Sustainability” at the American Ground Water Trust conference. Panelists will cover the California approach and the Colorado approach.
In Case You Missed It
- We’re pleased to be named a Tier 1 firm in Sacramento for Natural Resources Law and Water Law by U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” in 2020. We received Second Tier rankings in Colorado for Water Law and in Sacramento for Energy Law. This is the 10th Edition of “Best Law Firms.”
- Congrats to attorney Dan Condren, who recently passed the Colorado Bar Exam.
- Managing Shareholder Tess Dunham was recently named a 2020 David Keith Todd Lecturer for the Groundwater Resources Association. Stay tuned for roadshow dates.
- Welcome attorney Leila C. Behnampour, who recently joined our growing Colorado team.
- Theresa Barfield was elected to a second term as District 2 Governor for the California Women Lawyers. She represents Alpine, Amador, Calaveras, El Dorado, Napa, Sacramento, Solano, Sonoma, Tuolumne and Yolo Counties. As a CWL board member, Theresa has served on the Legislative Committee and the So, You Want to Be a Judge planning committee, moderating the 2018 program. She also is a member of CWL-affiliate Women Lawyers of Sacramento.
- Our Colorado office has moved to a new home, please update your records: 2033 11th Street, Suite 5, Boulder, CO 80302
- SSD publishes Policy Alerts on case decisions, legal trends and key developments within the fields of water, natural resources, environmental, public land, public agency, toxics and hazardous waste, and land development law.
Published October 1, 2019; revised November 19, 2019