We invite you to keep virtual tabs on Somach attorneys with this preview of our news and events in the second half of the year.
Events & Activities
- July 23 – Live Webinar: Leila Behnampour presents Water Law for REALTORS, a program for members of the Longmont Association of Realtors. Attendees will gain a basic understanding of Colorado water law, including water rights, conveyances of water rights and water structures, use and administration of water, well permitting, and ditches. Learn the questions to ask when water rights are involved in the sale of a property.
- July 23-25 – Online Event: The Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation’s 66th Annual Institute has moved online. Ramsey Kropf will serve as a Zoom Discussion Room Leader for the Public Lands, Environmental, Water and Mining Practitioners Virtual Networking Reception. It’s sold out!
- July 29-30 – Online Event: Managing Shareholder Andy Hitchings is involved with the ACWA Legal Affairs Committee, meeting remotely this year during ACWA’s Virtual Conference & Exhibition.
- August 12 – Live Webinar: Leila Behnampour partners with Fidelity National Title to present another round of her Water Law for REALTORS program.
- September 10 & 11 – Virtual Event: Join Rich Deitchman and faculty for LSI’s New Developments for The Clean Water Act and Wetlands in Oregon. In a case study of the Klamath River, Rich will cover the latest in “TMDLs and Temperature Control” on Day 2 of the online seminar. With a practice focus on water rights and natural resources, Rich is actively involved in the ongoing Klamath Basin Adjudication, and other matters involving water users on the Oregon-California border.
- September 14-17 – Virtual Event: If you are logging into the Western Groundwater Congress “Virtual Hollywood” conference, hosted by the Groundwater Resources Association of California, keep your webcams tuned for Nick Jacobs and Aaron Ferguson. They are teaming up for a talk on how to decide whether to adjudicate a groundwater basin versus work through the SGMA process.
- September 15 – Denver: Join Sarah Klahn and Ramsey Kropf at the Denver Botanic Gardens for RiverBank 2020, the Colorado Water Trust’s annual fundraiser to restore flows to Colorado’s rivers in need. Somach is a proud sponsor of this
- Q3 PREVIEW October 9 (rescheduled from May 8) – Webcasts – live from your computer: Sarah Klahn will be moderating a panel on evidentiary issues during the Colorado Bar Association’s Trial Practice in the Water Courts: Trying Your Water Law Case
- CANCELLED >>> originally scheduled for April 2 – Attorney Kelley Taber was scheduled for a panel discussion on the Delta Tunnel at the 29th annual California Water Policy Conference, at UC Davis. The conference is designed to bring together water leaders representing agricultural, environmental, urban, environmental justice, government, and private sector constituencies and perspectives, as well as interested individuals from the general public, to tackle California’s water supply challenges. Follow the conference website for 2021 event details.
In Case You Missed It
Read more news and alerts »
- Somach attorneys have been named on 2020 Super Lawyers Lists in Northern California and Colorado.
- Meet our newest teammates, Ellen Simmons and Kyler Rayden.
- A month before the national quarantine, Bobbi Larson received a 2020 National Environmental Achievement Award (NEAA) from the National Association of Clean Water Agencies (NACWA). She was recognized in the environment category at an awards ceremony during NACWA’s Winter Conference in Atlanta. Learn more.
- SSD publishes Policy Alerts on case decisions, legal trends and key developments within the fields of water, natural resources, environmental, public land, public agency, toxics and hazardous waste, and land development law.