We invite you to catch up with Somach attorneys and clients through this snapshot of our press releases, alerts, events and media coverage.
Events & Activities
- July 18 – 20, Monterey, CA: Ramsey Kropf, Chair – Water Section, 65th Annual Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Institute. Attendees will hear from experts across a range of water topics including SGMA, the Public Trust Doctrine, Surface and Groundwater Rights Administration, Federal Reserved Water Rights, and Interstate Water Litigation.
- September 19 – Sacramento, CA: Kelley Taber joins the Sacramento Legal Secretaries Association for a dinner presentation on “CEQA: Everything You Need To Know About California’s Landmark Environmental Protection Law.”
- September 19 – Sacramento, CA: Managing shareholder Tess Dunham was recently announced as one of GRA’s 2020 DKT Distinguished Lecturers. She debuted in her role during the second annual Western Groundwater Congress.
- September 18 – 20 – Boston, MA: Mike Vergara and Alyson Ackerman are pleased to represent the firm in Beantown at the Environmental Law Network’s Annual Meeting. Chambers Global, The World’s Leading Business Lawyers (2019 Edition) recently recognized the Environmental Law Network as a Band One Environmental Legal Network. ELN was the only environmental law network to be globally recognized in Chambers. SSD is the sole northern California firm in the network.
- October 21 – Chicago, IL: Litigation Support Manager and Senior Litigation Paralegal Christina Garro is a speaker at a RelativityFest 2019 session titled The Good, Bad, and Ugly Behind Leap-Frogging Your Firm’s e-Discovery Practice into the 21st Century.
In Case You Missed It
- We’re humbled to be selected for inclusion in the following attorney ranking directories: Sacramento Business Journal “Best of the Bar” Honorees Mike Vergara and Lauren Bernadett; 2020 Best Lawyers in America Honorees Stuart Somach, Tess Dunham and Sarah Klahn; 2019 Northern California Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Honorees
- Our Colorado office has moved to a new home, please update your records: 2033 11th Street, Suite 5, Boulder, CO 80302
- The Daily Journal’s May 1, 2019, edition included a perspective piece authored by managing shareholder Tess Dunham titled “Balancing farming and water quality in the Central Valley.” In the article, she describes the history and current state of the region’s problem with nitrate in drinking water and how a consortium of stakeholders are addressing short and long-term solutions.
- SSD publishes Policy Alerts on case decisions, legal trends and key developments within the fields of water, natural resources, environmental, public land, public agency, toxics and hazardous waste, and land development law.
Published July 3, 2019; updated August 27, 2019; updated September 23, 2019
Read more news and alerts »