August 15, 2018 | Written by Somach Simmons & Dunn
Events & Activities, Third Quarter 2018
We invite you to catch up with Somach attorneys and clients through this snapshot of our press releases, alerts, events and media coverage.
Events & Activities – July, August, September
- Read about our work for the Central Valley Salinity Coalition in this article published July 13, 2018, by the Water Education Foundation: Vexed by Salt and Nitrates in Central Valley Groundwater, Regulators Turn to Unusual Coalition for Solutions. Managing shareholder Tess Dunham serves as one of the chief architects of a program designed to deal with the problem of salt and nitrates in the soils that seep into key groundwater basins of California’s Central Valley.
- Congratulations to BBID on being recognized via historical declaration for its commitment to protect the oldest water rights in California. In remarks read into the Congressional Record from the floor of the U.S. House of Representatives, Rep. Jeff Denham (R-Turlock) congratulated BBID for receiving the Association of California Water Agencies’ 2017 Excellence in Water Leadership Award. He also recognized the District’s “bold actions in defending the water rights of the farming communities within their area of service.” We appreciate the opportunity to work on this meaningful and impactful case moving forward.
In Case You Missed It
- Partner Sarah Klahn is a contributing author for a new book recently released by the ABA: Water Rights and Environmental Regulation: A Lawyer’s Guide. Sarah co-authored the chapter on interstate water relations and the chapter on federal designations.
- We co-hosted a Sacramento Mixer for members and prospective members of the ABA Section on Environment, Energy, and Resources. Interested parties may contact our Lauren Bernadett for details.
- SSD publishes Policy Alerts on case decisions, legal trends and key developments within the fields of water, natural resources, environmental, public land, public agency, toxics and hazardous waste, and land development law.
Published July 2, 2018; updated July 17, 2018; updated August 15, 2018; updated September 17, 2018
Read more news and alerts »