We invite you to catch up with Somach attorneys and clients through this snapshot of our press releases, alerts, events and media coverage.
Events & Activities
- April 2 – Webinar: Leila Behnampour presents Water Law for Realtors®, a webinar for members of the Boulder Area Realtors Association. Attendees will gain a basic understanding of Colorado water law, including water rights, conveyances of water rights and water structures, use and administration of water, well permitting, and ditches. Learn the questions to ask when water rights are involved in the sale of a property.
- POSTPONED >>> from April 2 to new date pending – Davis, CA: Join Kelley Taber for a panel discussion on the Delta Tunnel at the 29th annual California Water Policy Conference, taking place at UC Davis. The conference will bring together water leaders representing agricultural, environmental, urban, environmental justice, government, and private sector constituencies and perspectives, as well as interested individuals from the general public, to tackle California’s water supply challenges.
- RESCHEDULED >>> from May 8 to October 9 – Webcasts – live from your computer: Sarah Klahn will be moderating a panel on evidentiary issues during the Colorado Bar Association’s Trial Practice in the Water Courts: Trying Your Water Law Case
- RESCHEDULED >>> from June 9 to September 15 – Davis, CA: Join Sarah Klahn and Ramsey Kropf at the Denver Botanic Gardens for RiverBank 2020, the Colorado Water Trust’s annual fundraiser to restore flows to Colorado’s rivers in need. Somach is a proud sponsor of this
In Case You Missed It
- Welcome Ellen Simmons and Kyler Rayden, our newest associate attorneys.
- This past February, Bobbi Larson received a 2020 National Environmental Achievement Award (NEAA) from the National Association of Clean Water Agencies (NACWA). She was recognized in the environment category at an awards ceremony during NACWA’s Winter Conference in Atlanta. Learn more.
- SSD publishes Policy Alerts on case decisions, legal trends and key developments within the fields of water, natural resources, environmental, public land, public agency, toxics and hazardous waste, and land development law.
Published April 1, 2020
Read more news and alerts »