We invite you to keep tabs on Somach attorneys with this roundup of our news and events throughout the first quarter of 2022.
#SomachSpeaks – Events & Activities in Q1 2022
- We’re celebrating our 30th Anniversary LEARN MORE
- April Preview: Alyson Ackerman is a panelist for the 2022 California Water Law Symposium hosted by UC Davis School of Law (April 9); Ramsey Kropf presents “Market-Based Developments and Solutions,” Colorado River Management: Science, Law and Policy (April 25); Michelle Chester presents “Update on PFAS and Other Contaminants in Water,” California Water Rights, Supply and Quality (April 25)
- March 15 & 17 – Virtual Event: Kelley Taber once again teams up with the California Association of Environmental Professionals to present its annual Advanced CEQA Workshop series. This 8-hour program is designed to help consultants, regulators, applicants, and industry professionals stay current on topics including Case Law, Legislation, Mitigation, Housing, Wildfires, and Adverse Court Rulings.
- March 4 & 11 – Virtual Event: We’re pleased to support the Northern California Water Association’s 30th Annual Meeting. This year’s them is “The Evolving Landscape in the Sacramento River Basin: Ridgetop to River Mouth Water Management.”
- February 11 – Live Webinar: Sarah Klahn moderates the “Evidence” panel and conducts a mock trial covering “Change/Augmentation of a Water Right” during the Colorado Bar Association’s CLE Trial Practice in the Water Courts: Trying Your Water Law Case
- February 9 – Live Webinar: Dan McCarl presents Colorado River Management and Other Interstate Issues for the Colorado Water Rights and Regulation CLE.
- January 26-28 – Aurora, CO: SSD is a sponsor of the Colorado Water Congress 2022 Annual Convention.
- January-December – Community Program: We’re honored to support THE EXCHANGE by the Association of Women in Water, Energy and Environment (AWWEE). This is a mentoring program designed to create opportunities for two-way learning between a mentor and mentee. As shared on the organization’s Facebook page: “the program has been enhanced with a new software application that will improve partner matching compatibility, serve as a platform for partners to communicate, track goals, schedule meetings, and share feedback, as well as participate in relevant training courses, and engage with fellow program participants in groups. Since its launch in 2017, The Exchange has grown from under 30 participants to over 150 participants each year. Many members have reported that the support of their mentor has been instrumental in them making major professional changes or reaching ambitious goals.”
In Case You Missed It
- On March 4, Stuart Somach was honored with NCWA’s 2022 Will S. Green lifetime achievement award. The recognition is presented annually to an individual who has devoted their life to the promotion and advancement of irrigation and regional sustainability in the Sacramento Valley.
- Sarah Klahn was named Denver Water Law “Lawyer of the Year” in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 Edition.
- We’re pleased to support the ongoing work of the Sacramento Legal Employers Diversity Collective.
- SSD was named a Tier 1 firm in Sacramento (Natural Resources Law, Water Law) and Colorado (Water Law) by U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” in 2022. This is the 12th Edition of Best Law Firms.
- WE’RE HIRING! Visit the CAREERS page to learn more.
- STAY CONNECTED and SUBSCRIBE. SSD publishes Policy Alerts on case decisions, legal trends, and key developments within the fields of water, natural resources, environmental, public land, public agency, toxics, and hazardous waste, and land development law. We typically post twice monthly and whenever we can add value to timely events in our communities.
Published January 10, 2022; updated February 10, 2022; updated March 9, 2022
Read more news and alerts »